Anxious Children Benefit From Dental Sedation
If your child feels anxious or distressed when visiting the dentist, give Eagle Mountain Children’s Dentistry a call and ask about our sedation options. Our office provides child-safe dental sedation to:
• Help your child feel at ease so they can receive the care they need
• Reduce their fear of future visits to the dentist
• Help our team catch cavities and other problems in the earliest stages of development
• Give you peace of mind regarding your child’s oral health
Our dentists and team will do everything possible to help your child relax and provide them with high-quality dental care. We invite you to call us at 801-789-2014 to make an appointment for your child and learn more about dental sedation in Eagle Mountain, Utah.
Dental Sedation Options to Calm Children
As each child is unique, Eagle Mountain Children’s Dentistry provides several dental sedation options in order to meet their needs. One or more of these sedation options will work for your child and help manage or eliminate their anxiety. Our dentists will help you determine which option is best for your child. We are also trained to provide sedation dentistry for children with special needs.
• Inhaled Sedation – More commonly known as nitrous oxide or “laughing gas,” this type of sedation consists of a mixture of gas and oxygen and is breathed in through a small mask. It has an almost immediate effect, and your child will begin to feel their nervousness melt away and be replaced with calm or mild euphoria. The effects wear off as soon as your child stops inhaling the gas.
• Oral Conscious Sedation – Oral sedation is administered in the form of a liquid that your child will drink before the dentist begins treatment. Your child will be awake the entire time so we can communicate with them, but will feel comfortable and relaxed. They may only have a vague memory of the visit after the sedation wears off.
• IV Sedation – IV sedation is the strongest sedation option we offer. It is administered intravenously (through the veins), and your child will almost immediately feel the effects as their anxiety disappears. Our team is thoroughly trained in administering dental sedation, and we will carefully monitor your child throughout their entire visit to ensure their safety and comfort.
If your child is old enough to drive, please note that a trusted friend or family member will need to pick them up if they receive oral or IV sedation.
If there is even the slightest chance that your child will experience discomfort, our dentists will provide a local anesthetic in combination with their sedation to help prevent and manage any pain.
Our Talented Staff & Amenities Can Help Manage Dental Anxiety
As many as one in five American suffer from dental anxiety. If your child resists visiting the dentist, please don’t assume that they are simply being stubborn. It only takes one bad experience to make someone uncomfortable with the dental office.
In addition to dental sedation, our team also offers some comfort options to help put your child at ease. These amenities include:
• Video games in our waiting rooms
• Fun playhouses to keep your child occupied and entertained
• TVs mounted above each chair so they can watch movies during their treatment
Our caring team understands children, and we will work with you and with your child to relieve their dental anxiety and help them feel comfortable. We listen to your child’s concerns so that we can provide them with the most pleasant experience possible, build a trusting relationship with them, and create positive associations with dental care.
Learn more about our dental sedation options and help your child receive stress-free dental care. Call Eagle Mountain Children’s Dentistry today at 801-789-2014 to make an appointment with Dr. Adam Bushell and Dr. Erik Rooklidge!